Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interview Tomorrow

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

Interview Tomorrow

So I have an interview to be an Entry-Level Software Developer Intern. I'm really kind of nervous and don't know what to expect. Has anyone been through this process before?
    MBA M1 - M1 8GB 256GB - macOS Monterey
    MSI GL65 - i5-10300H 16GB 512GB GTX 1650 Windows 11
    Galaxy Book Go - Snapdragon 7c Gen 2 4GB 128GB Windows 11

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Interview Tomorrow

The process of an interview... sure. Can't say I am a fan

Beans

I've never personally been to an interview for any position like that, but with all good intention I wish you good luck!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

best part is - it was a good interview and we feel you are a strong candidate for the position. we'll call you back in about 2 weeks for the second orund.

and then they never call...
    Read the easy to understand, lots of pics Ubuntu manual.
    Do i need antivirus/firewall in linux?
    Full disk backup (newer kernel -> suitable for newer PC): Clonezilla
    User friendly full disk backup: Rescuezilla

Beans

From the employers perspective, all they're looking for is somebody with initiative, applicable skills and good communication. Save your worrying for when you apply for a high-ranking position one day!

d-cosner is offline Gee! These Aren't Roasted!
    Beans

I wish you luck and sincerely hope you get the position!

I went through an interview last week, was offered a job and I accepted. On the tour of the plant I asked to take a closer look at some equipment, the interviewer made a couple rude comments about my eyesight. To make a long story short, he changed his mind about giving me the job. I wear thick glasses and have had several eye operations over the years. I was born 3 moths premature and it damaged my eyes. I have worked and drove a car all my life. As soon as I got home from the interview I filed complaints against the company for discrimination.

It was a crumby job, the factory was dark as a cave and it looked like a very unsafe place to put it mildly but it was the principal of the thing. Usually I just take this kind of thing in stride but this guy was so dirty the way he acted I though he deserved to be investigated and be put on the spot for his actions.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

You may get some trick questions such as:

"Tell us what you feel is your greatest weakness."

"Well, mental illness runs in my family and I have to struggle every day to focus on what I am doing. So, I would say that I am easily distracted."

Never heard back from them.
    -------------------------------------
    Oooh Shiny: PopularPages

Unumquodque potest reparantur. Patientia sit virtus.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

slooksterpsv; Good luck !

IF you want the position. You have done the homework as to what the company does ?
    The interview will be to see if you can fill the niche to preform the requirements of the position - maybe now or "someday" .
    Keep in mind it is a global society, and you will be required to demonstrate that you are upward mobile. Job stability is no longer a guarantee, security is but a scant 5-7 years and then you are looking at the transition stage.
    Entry-Level Software Developer Intern
    Obviously, programming skills and what you have written and co-produced to this time. Communication skills are paramount.
    How well do you work with others .

A positive attitude and can do !

Been there,
    glad I no longer have to deal with it
    THE current(cy) in Documentation:
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PopularPages

Happy ubuntu'n !

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

It was an interesting interview to say the least. They had different expectations, but I showed them I understand the concepts. That, I feel, impressed them. Where its for a promotion within the company I'm working at, we'll see how things go. I have another round on Monday and if I did everything correctly or proved my concepts, they'll try me out for a month. If I don't do well within that month, I'll go back to my current position.
    MBA M1 - M1 8GB 256GB - macOS Monterey
    MSI GL65 - i5-10300H 16GB 512GB GTX 1650 Windows 11
    Galaxy Book Go - Snapdragon 7c Gen 2 4GB 128GB Windows 11

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by slooksterpsv View Post
    It was an interesting interview to say the least. They had different expectations, but I showed them I understand the concepts. That, I feel, impressed them. Where its for a promotion within the company I'm working at, we'll see how things go. I have another round on Monday and if I did everything correctly or proved my concepts, they'll try me out for a month. If I don't do well within that month, I'll go back to my current position.
    Well done, I hope the next round goes even better

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast