Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Microphone stops working after some time

Beans

Re: Microphone stops working after some time

Quote Originally Posted by lidex View Post
    The whole idea was to restart pulse in the terminal with verbose output so we could see the error messages.
    Here's the info in Polish - if you need any part translated, let me know which:
    Code:
    $ pkill pulseaudio; sleep 2; pulseaudio -vvI: main.c: setrlimit(RLIMIT_NICE, (31, 31)) nie powiodło się: Operation not permitted
    I: main.c: setrlimit(RLIMIT_RTPRIO, (9, 9)) nie powiodło się: Operation not permitted
    D: core-rtclock.c: Timer slack is set to 50 us.
    D: core-util.c: RealtimeKit worked.
    I: core-util.c: Successfully gained nice level -11.
    I: main.c: To jest PulseAudio 0.9.21-63-gd3efa-dirty
    D: main.c: Komputer kompilacji: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
    D: main.c: CFLAGS kompilacji: -g -O2 -g -Wall -O3 -Wall -W -Wextra -pipe -Wno-long-long -Winline -Wvla -Wno-overlength-strings -Wunsafe-loop-optimizations -Wundef -Wformat=2 -Wlogical-op -Wsign-compare -Wformat-security -Wmissing-include-dirs -Wformat-nonliteral -Wold-style-definition -Wpointer-arith -Winit-self -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wfloat-equal -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes -Wredundant-decls -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-noreturn -Wshadow -Wendif-labels -Wcast-align -Wstrict-aliasing=2 -Wwrite-strings -Wno-unused-parameter -ffast-math -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fno-common -fdiagnostics-show-option
    D: main.c: Uruchamianie na komputerze: Linux x86_64 2.6.35-22-generic #35-Ubuntu SMP Sat Oct 16 20:45:36 UTC 2010
    D: main.c: Odnaleziono 2 procesorów.
    I: main.c: Rozmiar strony to 4096 bajtów
    D: main.c: Skompilowano z obsługą Valgrind: nie
    D: main.c: Uruchamianie w trybie Valgrind: no
    D: main.c: Running in VM: no
    D: main.c: Budowanie optymalizowane: tak
    D: main.c: Wszystkie asercje są włączone.
    I: main.c: Identyfikator komputera to eeb531ebfee115047ab2524f4ac8c62e.
    I: main.c: Identyfikator sesji to eeb531ebfee115047ab2524f4ac8c62e-1290810117.60339-1276142297.
    I: main.c: Używanie katalogu wykonywania /home/arv/.pulse/eeb531ebfee115047ab2524f4ac8c62e-runtime.
    I: main.c: Używanie katalogu stanu /home/arv/.pulse.
    I: main.c: Używanie katalogu modułów /usr/lib/pulse-0.9.21/modules.
    I: main.c: Uruchamianie w trybie systemowym: no
    E: pid.c: Daemon already running.
    E: main.c: pa_pid_file_create() failed.
    Choose the upload option and provide a link for the output.
    Here it is, made after some time, when mic wasn't working any more.
    If you need it made right after reboot when everything works or after restarting pa, let me know.

Btw, thanks for your help!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 15.04 Vivid Vervet

Pulse output looks fine (Google Translate)
    How much have you fiddled with alsa-base.conf? Have you tried without the MSI switch, or setting it to 0? How about 'mobile' or 'touchsmart' model?

Beans

Pulse output looks fine (Google Translate)
    How much have you fiddled with alsa-base.conf? Have you tried without the MSI switch, or setting it to 0? How about 'mobile' or 'touchsmart' model?
    Tried only "options snd-hda-intel model=laptop" and adding "enable_msi=1" or "enable_msi=0" to it. So I should try with model=mobile and modol=touchsmart, instead of laptop? (can't today, but I'll try tommorow)

Btw, lately I had to skype, so after reboot I didn't run anything else and mic worked for a long time. Twice I did that actually - once I've killed mic by running world of warcraft through wine+winepulse. second time I tried different browsers (chrome, opera, ff) with and without flash but that didn't kill the mic - however running thunderbird did. That was unexpected.

Is there any way to take a closer look at what happens when the mic dies? Syslog is no help, but maybe there's some debug mode in pulseaudio?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 15.04 Vivid Vervet

Probably the easiest thing is to use the 'log file viewer'. It may not be in the default install:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install gnome-system-log
    You can launch it from the administration menu.
    Another thing to try is the pulse command posted previously. Simply leave the terminal open. It should report any errors (for pulse) when it re-occurs.

Beans

Hey guys, I have exact the same problem.
    I have a webcam, microsoft LX-3000 headset and motherboard's sound card. If I select an input from either of the above, it works ONLY for 3-4 seconds and then it stops! Really strange! Any ideas ?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123