I've recently bought an Acer Aspire 5930G notebook and I've installed Ubuntu 9.04 on it (I'm not new to Linux... I use it since 1996 ).
Almost all is working fine, but there are some problems I'd like to fix if possible.
1) Internal Mic: internal mic is not working on Ubuntu 9.04. I've tried to use the LIVE CD of Ubuntu 9.10 ALPHA, installing Skype, and it looks like to work without problem. Is it possible to have it working on Ubuntu 9.04 too?
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 03)
snd_hda_intel 435252 5
snd_pcm_oss 46336 0
snd_mixer_oss 22656 1 snd_pcm_oss
snd_pcm 83076 3 snd_hda_intel,snd_pcm_oss
snd_seq_dummy 10756 0
snd_seq_oss 37760 0
snd_seq_midi 14336 0
snd_rawmidi 29696 1 snd_seq_midi
snd_seq_midi_event 15104 2 snd_seq_oss,snd_seq_midi
snd_seq 56880 6 snd_seq_dummy,snd_seq_oss,snd_seq_midi,snd_seq_mid i_event
snd_timer 29704 2 snd_pcm,snd_seq
snd_seq_device 14988 5 snd_seq_dummy,snd_seq_oss,snd_seq_midi,snd_rawmidi ,snd_seq
snd 62756 18 snd_hda_intel,snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,snd_pcm,sn d_seq_oss,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq,snd_timer,snd_seq_de vice
soundcore 15200 1 snd
snd_page_alloc 16904 2 snd_hda_intel,snd_pcm
2) Headset is not working. When I plug the headset I continue hearing music from the notebook speaker and not from the headset. I've tried to see if this bug is fixed in Karmic Alpha 5 and it's only half fixed: the headset works fine, but even if the notebook speakers are mute (ad expected) I still can hear music from the notebook subwoofer.
3) The internal webcam is recognized by Skype, Cheese and even by Flash plugin but when I try to record some video (in Cheese for example) or when I do a video call with Skype, I've always the same problem, the video is delayed and flickered.
This is the integrated webcam: Acer HD Crystal Eye
4) Battery lasts only 1 hour and 20
I've already done the usual charge/discharge sessions with the battery and it still can't last more than 1 hour and 20 minutes. The CPU stays at 800Mhz when using battery, the light of the display is well managed and the fan doesn't make noise. How can I improve it?
5) SD card reader doesn't work. When I insert an SD card, nothing happens, and I don't find anything neither on /var/log/messages
any idea how I can make it work?
Thanks for your help!