Thread: Is there a way to configure indicator-applet, track popup from players are annoying

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Is there a way to configure indicator-applet, track popup from players are annoying

Is there a way to configure indicator-applet, even by config. files I find infos about changing song track very disturbing. Guess what, it switched off OSD notifications in Exaile for what? To see the same messages from indicator-applet!?!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Is there a way to configure indicator-applet, track popup from players are annoy

bump i'm also looking for an answer. but as i see it's only for evolution & telepathy, pidgin. but there should be a configuring file...well,i'm looking for it since i screwed it and can not see evolution anymore on my indicator list

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Re: Is there a way to configure indicator-applet, track popup from players are annoy

see if this article helps
    ~Free your Mind with Open Source~
    ~Linux requires Patience ~

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Looking around, it seems that Indicator Applet is MASSIVELY unconfigurable. And the unfathomably-large spacing between indicators - which of course cannot be adjusted - certainly doesn't get my vote!
    Soylent Green is PEOPLE!!!

Beans

Exclamation Re: Is there a way to configure indicator-applet, track popup from players are annoy

YES! FINALLY FOUND SOME MINIMAL CUSTOMIZATION!

I had to dig this up because evolution just totally disappeared from the applet one day....

Head on over to /usr/share/indicators/messages/applications

In there you'll find the applications that are listed under the messages icon. You can add and remove them. Each entry is a text file. The format is just 1 line, and the file should be named the same as the application ie "evolution".
    Format:

Code:
    /usr/share/applications/evolution.desktop
    etc... You can head on over to /usr/share/applications to check out the name of the application you're trying to add if you're trying to add one that disappeared.