Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Weird resume problems on Acer 1810T

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Weird resume problems on Acer 1810T

I have a 1810TZ and suspend is working fine here. I'm using a 2.6.31.6 vanilla kernel, but I think the standard ubuntu worked too.

PD: what BIOS version do you have?
    Busques ajuda? Comença pel wiki de l'equip català!

Beans

Bios is 3115. Looks like Acer has up to version 3303, so I guess I can try to upgrade, once I figure out how to do that.

I tried removing the "libata.force=noncq" from my boot prompt, and went back to taking forever to boot; with that option, it boots in under 30 seconds. Maybe the updated bios will fix that? The drive is a Hitachi HTS545032B9A300, according to the bios.

Currently the system takes 2 tries to resume from a suspend caused by closing the lid, but resumes correctly if I suspend from the menu or from Fn-F4.

I'm still running the 2.6.31-15 kernel. I guess I could update that, as well... are later versions in the karmic-proposed repository? I'm nervous about other things breaking if I use that.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I don't know if updating the bios will help. I have a Toshiba Hard drive and I never had to use the noncq fix.

Mi girlfriend's Packard Bell 1810 clone had to use that noncq fix, but after flashing the bios with newest version (v3303) and the updating to Karmic solved it.
    Busques ajuda? Comença pel wiki de l'equip català!

Beans

Updating the bios let me boot in a reasonable amount of time without the noncq option, but didn't change the sleep issue. Hrm. I guess I should just get in the habit of sleeping with Fn-F4 before closing the lid, and/or waking it twice...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by robogock View Post
    I suspend the laptop (by closing the lid or by selecting it from the menu; the results are the same), then when I hit a key to resume it wakes up, gives me the password window... and immediately suspends again.
    I have this exact issue on a Dell 1420, but it's not consistent at all - sometimes suspend/resume works fine, and other times it acts like it's resuming, then stops accepting keyboard and mouse input, then goes back into suspend. Pressing the power button will then reliably wake it from this second, unwanted suspend. This is not a major deal-breaker sort of issue as it always wakes back up eventually and never loses any data in the process... but it's pretty annoying.

Beans

Smile Re: Weird resume problems on Acer 1810T

I had the same problem reported by the original poster on my 1810TZ (bios 3303). It would resume from suspend, but most of the hardware wouldn't work and I couldn't type anything into a console. Adding "blacklist acer-wmi" to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf as suggested by RabidNelson completely fixed it. Suspend/resume works perfecctly now! Thanks!

Beans

thanks for the blacklist tip,
    i was wrestling with this a lot and without it even the bios at 3305 did not resume networking nor allow typing in terminal windows ... at least preliminary testing seems to work

now if we could only get the internal microphone to work in sound recorder and skype...
    any one have tips for that?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

The blacklist tip worked perfectly on my Acer 1410.

A bit of history:
    I installed Karmic Koala 2.6.31-14 a month ago and everything worked fine. I then accepted the updates and wireless no longer worked. Terminal also hang, exactly as described. Tried to google the solution but couldn't find any. I had no choice but to reinstall. Luckily I used a different partition for home, so it wasn't so bad.

3 days ago I installed tinymce and bluefish and unfortunately experienced the same symptoms all over again. I've been searching high and low for this solution and finally found this. Now my 1410 worked beautifully again.

Thanks for the tip. I wish I had found this the first time around.

Beans

Thank you very much for the blacklist-tip. I've got an Acer Aspire 1810T with exactly the same problems. I had to use Windows for several weeks, because I really need suspend-to-ram at work. Now I can use Ubuntu again. It's a good day!!

Beans

I have the same problem here. All symptoms were previously described: the system does not restore properly after being suspended. I am using the latest Ubuntu version as updated by the software center.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast