Thread: Sound disappearance in Brave browser

Beans

Sound disappearance in Brave browser

Hello!
    I quite recently transitioned from Windows to Linux and Ubuntu specifically (yay me), because microsoft.
    Anyway, had lots of troubleshooting and solved numerous issues, but there is just this one that I can't find any answer to.
    As far as I can tell the problem is as follows: play a video on youtube through Brave, and audio just disappears for a second and comes back, after a while happens again. Also, I think this issue occurs through browser only, but can't be sure about that.

System info attached. Thx.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Frogs Hair; 2 Weeks Ago at 03:49 PM. Reason: Language Filter

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Sound disappearance in Brave browser

Quote Originally Posted by riskfactor2 View Post
    Hello!
    I quite recently transitioned from Windows to Linux and Ubuntu specifically (yay me), because microsoft.
    Anyway, had lots of troubleshooting and solved numerous issues, but there is just this one that I can't find any answer to.
    As far as I can tell the problem is as follows: play a video on youtube through Brave, and audio just disappears for a second and comes back, after a while happens again. Also, I think this issue occurs through browser only, but can't be sure about that.

System info attached. Thx.
    I had similar issue's when I first transitioned to *buntu.
    Those issue's were caused by numerous things such as background app's, numerous browser tabs/windows open, growing logs, snap's, etc.

Part of the problem was the *buntu distro (flavour) I was using.
    I had to find the one that was "right" for my hardware while also being "right" for my preference.

On older hardware, the best distro's tend to be, at least for me, Lubuntu or Xubuntu instead of Ubuntu.
    What is the Best Ubuntu Flavour?
    https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2415676
    The info there is somewhat outdated, but the basic's of each are the same today as it was when that thread was created.

The main solution's are most likely...
    The "Right" Distro
    PC Maintenance
    System Maintenance

The "learning curve" can be quite steep.