Thread: Installing simon listens

Beans

Installing simon listens

I am trying to install speech recognition sofware "simon listens" from here but when i click on the .deb it says, that there is an unsolvable dependency to the package "libqt4-multimedia (>= 4:4.6.1)". I couldnt find this one in the repos myself, so i downloaded it manually from here, but when i try to install this package, it says, that the package "libqtcore4 (= 4:4.6.2-0ubuntu5)" is missing. So I also try to install that one but this time it says, that there is allready a newer version installed.

So how do I resolve this dependency? If I try to remove the newer package via apt-get, it also wants to remove a whole lot of other programs like plasma and such. Is there a way to go back to the older version? If so, would that be compatible with my distro (I'm running Kubuntu 10.10 x86_64) or does this get me into any trouble? And if so: why doesnt exist a libqt4-multimedia package in the distros because it looks like it did in Lucid.

Thanks for the help.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Installing simon listens

From the author's forum:

Ubuntu 10.10 is not yet supported.

QtMultimedia was replaced by QtMobilities QtMultimediaKit but it isn't a trivial change (requireing changes to simons buildsystem). I'll create packages for 10.10 but that might take a while... Sorry.

Best regards, Peter
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/spe...3/index/page/1

Beans

Got this one to install at last Haven't tried it yet, so I don't know if it'll work.
    https://launchpad.net/~grasch-simon-...ildjob/2012745

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

thank you for the link. I finally got it installed!!! Now to figure out how to configure it!
    Peace
    OGRE

Beans

But didn't get it.Plz help now itself i got error in libqt-multimedia.Please help!!